Hello, guest
|
Name: sisterhelp
[ Original Post ]
My sister has an obvious eating disorder, the rest of the family is in denial, as is she. She is losing her hair, which I have noticed to be quite brittle and straw like for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if she is Bulimic, Anorexic, or using some sort of pills or laxatives to lose all the weight she has lost. What is she doing to her self in your opinion?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: tattudemom | Date: May 17th, 2007 12:43 AM
I have heard more of bulimic folks losing hair, but it could be either anorexia or bulimia because they both cause brittle hair/hair loss to some degree. Is her face bloated, eyes bloodshot, teeth grayish/lacking luster, voice scratchy, stuffy nose? All of these are signs of bulimia. And if you actually ever eat with her, notice how soon she excuses herself or if she disappears within a half hour after meals. Obviously, she'll push her food around the plate or feed the family pet if she's trying to fake eating and is anorexic, or else she'll always have an excuse not to eat. A sudden stomachache can be a ready excuse to either not eat at all or go to the bathroom mid meal for purging.

You might have to get tough and convincing to your folks. Look for clues to present to them and don't give up on your sister. You may be the only one who'll help her. Good luck. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us