Hello, guest
|
Name: briseis
[ Original Post ]
Joey's head is on one part flat at the back. Its been this way since he was born. He looks perfectly normal at the front, but if you turn him to the side, you can see that it's flat in one area. His head circumference and development is normal so my health visitor told me not to worry. But he's 5-months-old now, and I'm concerned about it. Anyone else have babies with this problem?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: homemommichele | Date: Feb 17th, 2008 9:14 PM
When a baby is born the skull molds to come out of the birth canal. Then with the "back to sleep" protocol many babies have that happen from laying on the back of their head constantly. Try laying him on his side while sleeping or if on his back just turning his head from side to side alternating each time. It will even out, don't worry!! 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 18th, 2008 1:57 AM
it's just from laying on their backs so much. once they get more mobile and aren't laying down all the time it goes back to normal...Anika's head was really flat in the back....now it's fine....Lex is 9 months and you can tell it's starting to get less flat....no worries... 

Name: Ces | Date: Feb 19th, 2008 10:51 PM
I got one. Wyatt has a 'flat melon' as we put it. hehehehe. I was worried when he was little and everyone used to tease me. The clinic nurse said not to worry, alot of kids these days have flat heads, cos we're all told to sleep baby on back. Putting baby on tummy for lots and lots of tummy time helps a bit after a little while. My mum used to just turn him over onto his tummy to play. It helps the shape a bit and it also encourages them to start lifting their head up.

Wyatt's head is still a little funny looking at the back (he's 18 mnths) but his hair has grown long now and you can't really tell and he is a VERY smart and active little guy. So don't worry, just do more tummy time oh... and when he's sleeping roll up a nappy, towel or blanket of some sort and put it on the flatter side of him so he doesn't sleep on that side so much. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us