Hello, guest
|
Name: Julia
[ Original Post ]
If any of you suffer from this horrible disease, please feel free to come chat about it. I have suffered for a very long time and know all the challenges you have to face. Sometimes it helps to let it out and just talk, so if anyone would like to, I am here. ;) I know to some it is a personal topic, so I understand discussing it may make some uncomfortable. All I know is, it is very common and nothing to be ashamed about! I am here...
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:14 PM
hi. im glad u started an individual topic on this. thanks. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:16 PM
A few people in my family have suffered from depression, It is a horrible disease, I am so glad that society is now finally starting to understand it. 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:16 PM
Yes what a good idea i have been on fluxatone tablets for about 7years only a small dose but i cant seem to cope with out them which is really upsetting cause when i am on them i feel as if i dont need them and when i am trying to come off them i need them. 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:17 PM
i had an uncle commit suicide years ago because of it, my mom has it, my older sister has it, i have it and im scared to death my daughter will have it. 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:21 PM
My mum has it and i have it!
Infact most people i know are on tablets for it theses days!
My dad bless him blames the pace of life he says that it is too fast these days! 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:23 PM
ALL THE WOMAN PAST PLUS MY MOM SUFFERS FROM IT THAT AND AXIOTY SP? I AM FEARFUL OF IT FOR MYSELF, I HAVE SO MANY OTHER ISSUES THAT THIS IS JUST ONE I WISH WOULD NOT BE PART OF MY LIFE. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:23 PM
So many people have depression, or other "labels" now adays it is unbelievable. 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:25 PM
I WAS PERSCRIBED AN ANTIDEPRESENT AFTER HAVING MY 3 YEAR OLD AND WAS HOSPITALIZED IT ENDED UP HAVING VERY BED EFFECTS ON ME 3 MONTHS LATER MY BROTHER WAS PUT ON THE SAME MEDS AND HAD TO ALSO BE HOSPITALIZED FOR THE SAME OUTCOME IT WAS HORRIFYING . 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:27 PM
My mum was put on a tablet caled serioxt (i think that is how it is spelled)and she had some awful side affects we were on a train once and when it came to our stop she could move i mean she really couldnt!
We ended up about 100 miles away! 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:28 PM
sorry, y'all, getting too depressed to talk. 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:28 PM
I feel the same way mspeachpit (can I just call you peach?) ;) I am so scared because of genetics it will be passed down to my daughter and future children. Depression runs on my husbands side too but not as bad as my side. So I am so worried about that. I had an Aunt who killed herself as well, I was about 20 at the time. I have a lot of alcoholics in my family as well, wich makes it even worse!
Lynne, if the meds are working that well, then stay on them! Of course over time you want to try and get off of them if you could, but if you start to feel bad again, then I would keep taking them.
Yes, it has become more open and talked about. The amount of meds they have now for it is amazing! My husband is a Pharmacist (well will be in a few months, he is finishing his rotations) and he reads them all off to me, I had no idea they had that many! 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:30 PM
No problem mspeachpit, talk when you feel up to it. No pressure girlie. 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:30 PM
this scares me and i dont want to get to this point in my life: my mom will not go out in public in fear of having an anxiaty attack as she has in the past, she buys all her stuff online orders it. she makes my sister who is 20 but lives with them she is in college go to the grocery store for her it is awful sometimes i just want to scream at her(please dont think i am mean!!) but i want her to just smap out of it and be my mom and grandma to my boys!!! i have since learned that there is no snapping out of it!!! i love her and try helping anyway i can. 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:30 PM
Oh yeah i am happy to keep taking them if it keeps me well! 

Name: Lynne n | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:32 PM
My mother inlaw has deperssion really bad and has been in hospital in the past!
She cant be around to many people at anyone time!
It is so bad that she cant spend christmas with anyone and she wont go to andrews birthday partys either. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:33 PM
Mspeachpit,
Go take your meds, they are so important, also I do not know if you have done this, but add excercise to your life daily, this really helps. 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:34 PM
i would exercise more if i knew what kinds of exercises would be helpful from a wheelchair. 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:35 PM
excersize and vitamins do wonders with me. 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:37 PM
anybody wanna take my baby for the day? lol 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:41 PM
Oh peach you sweet thing!!! Just for the record, I will NEVER call you that! 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:47 PM
Just getting fresh air helps too. Getting outside and finding a pretty, peaceful setting to just sit and relax. I know it's hard for some of you with small children but even you tried like once a week it would help. Exercise is my medicine.
Charla, I get that way sometimes too. It's not your Mom's fault (as you already know), there are times when going to the grocery store is a huge chore just because I am around people. It really stinks! I hate feeling this way!!!! 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:50 PM
i do understand that happened earlier in my life now i find myself not wanting company over, i freak out running around cleaning up things that have already been cleaned!!! i will end up bieng a bad host becouse i get very stressed and act awful!!!! snapping and everyone it really is not good i will have to work on this!! 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 5:59 PM
i feel bad now. i got tired of hearing my baby cry and whine so i just tossed her in her crib without even her pacifier. just one more thing to add to all the crap. 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:02 PM
I get that way too Charla! I am a clean freak so clean over already cleaned things in my house. I am very meticulous when people come over! 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:03 PM
is she feeling well?? your baby i mean. 

Name: Julia | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:04 PM
Is she napping now peach? 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:07 PM
i dont know how she feels. she had shots on monday, soo... she's still back there crying. something i feel i could do any second. lol 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:10 PM
shots can be brutal!!! my youngest was tender for a few days around the outer thigh were he had recieved the shots. 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:15 PM
she got one in each arm and one in the leg. plus a finger stick. 

Name: charla | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:33 PM
ouch!!! 

Name: mspeachpit | Date: Nov 1st, 2006 6:42 PM
it wouldve been one in each arm, one in each leg, and a finger stick but they didnt have the pneumonia vaccine so she got one less. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us