Hello, guest
|
Name: momof3
[ Original Post ]
Hey did you go and get that cookbook yet??
I didn't end up making those crispy treats for the bakesale. I should have though, we sold out in 2 hours!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:16 PM
No--I haven't been to the bookstore yet. I really do not think I should though. I have so many that I have not even cooked from yet! Really bad habit collecting those books! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:17 PM
Me too!! I have Paula Deen cookbooks that I haven't even made things from yet! 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:17 PM
That is one I haven't cooked from yet. All her recipes look so good--but so full of fat! 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:18 PM
Sorry for butting in!

I collected Jamie Oliver cook books..i just love that guy! other then that i tend to keep reciepe cards, or cut outs..i have a huge folder all presented out..i love it...Alot of cookbooks , to the accpetion of 1 ( IMO ) are fulled with crap! there is usually only 2-3 reciepes i like 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:19 PM
I know!! She has fat or lard in everything. The one recipe of her's that I use all the time is her fried chicken, oh and her corn on the cob that you smother in mayo and parmesan cheese and then wrap in foil and grill. That is yummy. 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:19 PM
Paula Deen - never heard of her 

Is he the guy they call the Naked Chef? 

YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF PAULA DEEN?????????? 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:19 PM
Jamie Oliver! I think. 

Name: dina | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:20 PM
sarah i think you lie to much.you only cook meth and junk 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:21 PM
Sarah, Paula Deen is a real southern cook. She uses about a pound of butter in everything. 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:22 PM
Yup the "naked chef" the UK guy? very young and handsome..has a bit of a lisp..first guy i ever watched cooking on TV..and i got hooked.

Nope never heard of Paula Deen =/ i will have to go look for some books or reciepes online 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:22 PM
What is everyone's favorite, used all the time recipe? 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:23 PM
I like the lady from the cooking show "Everyday Italian." Her recipes are excellent! So are Ina Gardner's recipes from barefoot contessa! 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:23 PM
ohhhhh we have a chef over here like that...He is claled Huey...lmao without fail when myself and other friends would sit down and watch him.....he would use a HEAP of butter..we would take bets at what time in the show he would do it

He would say ok only a "lil smidge of butter" and he would basically grab his paw and scoop out a handful! haha 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:24 PM
Everyone ALWAYS asks me that......and i can never really give them a straight answer...i have so many! from the simple dinnertime reciepes...to the more classy...retaraunt type foods 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:24 PM
I have a real simple pasta sauce recipe I use in a pinch. It is just sliced garlic browned in some olive oil and then blended with some tomato puree. I use 6 cloves of garlic in it so it is for garlic lovers! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:24 PM
My husband loves to watch "everyday italian", but not for her recipes!!! She does have good recipes. I have never made the Barefoot Contessa recipes.
I also really like Rachel Ray and Emeril. 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:25 PM
Sarah, the favorite one you would make at home.

M- I need that recipe!!! I love garlic. Wednsday I am making Garlic Lover's Pot Roast. 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:30 PM
hmm burriotos is something i always make at home...

Mince meat
taco seasoning
garlic
refried beans
shallots
( thats the meat done )

Get your burrito, smear on some sourcream, and taco sauce. Put down the meat, add cheese , diced tomato , shredded lettuce, few slices of avocado.......roll her up YUM!!!

Then there is beef stew with patato dumplings......that stuff just MELTS in my mouth

Rump cut into peices
marinated in red wine for 2 hours
roll in flour
brown off the meat

Add, chopped celery, little chuncky peices of patato, pumpkin, shallots, onion. Add peas and corn.......Gte beef stock and water add that to the pot. Simmer away...thicken with cornflour. Then add some coconut milk to make a nice creamy tasty consistancy.
Then add your dumplings and let simmer for another 20 minutes

YUM YUM!!! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:33 PM
I will have to try the beef stew one, that sounds great! 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:03 PM
Mexican food is the one thing that gets me to eat meat. Those burritos sound good! 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:13 PM
Okay--this is the recipe. It is from Gourmet magazine.
Spaghetti with Garlic oil and Tomato

1/2 pound spaghetti
3 large garlic cloves, sliced thin lenghtwise
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup canned tomato puree (must be puree--not tomato sauce)

In a large saucepan of salted boiling water cook the spagehetti until it is al dente. While it is cooking, in a large skillet cook the garlic in the oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until it is golden, being careful not to let it get too brown, stir in the puree and salt and pepper to taste, and cook the sauce, stirring for one minute. Keep the sauce warm. Ladle out and reserve about 1/3 cup of the pasta water, drain the spaghetti and add it to the sauce with 1/4 cup of the reserved water. Toss the spaghetti over low heat for one minute, adding the remaining reserved pasta water if desired.

This only makes two servings--so I usually double the recipe. It is quick and cheap to make! 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:16 PM
When I want a quick meal I always make that recipe! You will be surprized how good it is--and simple. It is better than most sauces I let simmer all day! 

Name: momof3 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:14 PM
Awesome thanks!! I think I will try it on Sunday night. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us