Hello, guest
|
Name: Lola-May
[ Original Post ]
So earlier today, while Silas was napping, my neighbor came over and asked if his wife could rake up the leaves in our front yard.
We have a yard full of leaves right now, personally I like the way it looks.
We've been holding off raking them because we were waiting for a nice day(like today) to let Silas play in them.

So I told our neighbor that I had promised Silas that he could play in them when he woke up from his nap and that I'd rake them up after.
He then said his wife wanted them for her garden.
I thought they just wanted us to rake up our yard.
So I said that she was more than welcome to them, but that she'd have to wait until later because I had promised Silas that we would play in the leaves after his nap.

He looked all offended and said "Oh...ok then." and walked away.
Like he's entitled to the leaves in our yard because he lives next door.

I told him they could have the damn leaves but I'm not breaking a promise to my son so they can have free compost.

I want to live out in the country with no neighbors.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: bebe9281 | Date: Oct 22nd, 2008 11:48 PM
Amen sister... no neighbors, no subdivision rules... NO NOBODY!! 

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 12:19 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere but I still have neighbors and they are very scary people out here. I guess all of societies odd balls came here an made it possible for me to have Halloween every year. I tis nicer than being in town though. 

Name: lindalu | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 2:22 AM
OHHH MAN! If my neighbor wanted to clean my leaves from my front lawn I would be like.... knock your fkn self out! and if they did a good job I might even let them clean the leave from my back yard.

I really thought you was gonna say that your neighbor knocked at your door to complain about the leaves. I had neighbors that did that, and I would tell them.... if the leaves bother you that much then rake them yourself.

See if I had your neighbors we would get a long just fine, and fact I would even plant a couple more trees to ensure they had plenty of leaves. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 3:32 AM
LOL in Florida, our trees don't loose leaves! :( sigh its like a negative/ positive thing, i would love to have seasons, but i don't want to rake leaves or shovel snow! 

Name: lindalu | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 4:14 AM
Zoey
Awww...I'm sorry you really have no clue what you are missing. This year the foliage is absolutely breath taking. Here were I live we have thousands of tourists this time of year, people come from all over just to see the brilliant colors. 

Name: Lola-May | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 7:39 AM
I'm pretty sure his whole "my wife wants them for her garden" bit was just an excuse to have my yard raked.

I totally saw/heard him making fun of our yard with the neighbor across the street...both of them old retired buggers with nothing better to do than rake their yards and judge other people for enjoying what autumn has to offer.

I raked the flippin yard and maybe ten minutes after, the wind picked up and now our yard is full of leaves again. Suckers.

Jason lost his wedding ring while we were putting leaves into big orange garbage bags so my friend Carina and I went through all of the bags of leaves to find it.
It was dark out too.
She ended up finding it in the last little bit of the very last(of six) big bags of leaves.

At least it was found.

Jason said he'd spray paint "happy?" on the bags for the neighbors. ha ha ha!
I know he's only joking but I totally want to do it. Ha ha ha!
Nosey old farts. 

Name: bmes | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 3:07 PM
i know what you mean about wanting your son to be able to play in them. a bunch of the neighbor girls were going around and raking all the leaves down our street for fun, and i had to go out there and ask them to not rake ours, cause i wanted Lex to play in them. I got a picture of Anika sitting in the leaves the year before and wanted to do the same this year for Lex. we raked them this last weekend, and the kids had alot of fun with them.

don't worry about what your neighbors are thinking. tell em to get a fkin' hobby...lol 

Name: Lola-May | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 3:40 PM
Silas was having a blast in the leaves, even when we were raking them up. He kept running towards the piles and face planting into them. Then he did the same thing to the ones that were bagged up.

Jason told me that apparently we can get fined from the city if our yard is a mess or something.
I don't see how that's true...I've seen some people's yards and there's a lot more than a few leaves in it.
Besides, whose opinion of what a "nice looking" yard is it that we go by?
In my opinion, my yard looked awesome with all of the yellow and orange leaves in it.

One day we will win the lottery and move into the country where I can have however many leaves I want in my yard. 

Name: bmes | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 4:41 PM
ha ha ha...i think with the what the yard looks like is more like just "junk"....garbages left out that attracts raccoons and rats and stuff....and just other "junk"...car parts...lol....

it's fkin FALL ffs!!! the leaves ARE falling off the trees right now....and even right now, there's still trees down our street that haven't shed ALL the leaves....what are you supposed to do? run outside everytime you see one fkin' leaf fall off the tree!!!????? i don't think so...you can't get fined for having LEAVES on your yard. lol...that's rediculous. 

Name: Lola-May | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 9:16 PM
Agreed!!!
Jason tried to rationalize the neighbors request for our leaves by saying that they probably don't want them blowing into their yard from ours every time there's wind...
I pointed out that they blow right off the tree into their yards so they can suck it.
Doesn't it make more sense to go out after ALL of the leaves have fallen off the tree and rake ONCE instead of every flippin day?
I have better things to do.

I don't even want to think about what'll happen when it snows! Maybe we won't be "allowed" to build snowmen in the front yard or perhaps we wont shovel our driveway up to their standards.

Yeesh! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 9:37 PM
Damn it, I want to play in the leaves!!! LOL 

Name: Lola-May | Date: Oct 23rd, 2008 11:33 PM
Exactly.
I could understand if we had a dog and it was crapping in our neighbor's yard(like the neighbors on the other side have).

When we were digging through bags of leaves trying to find Jason's wedding ring, my friend Carina was sitting on a little dog turd the whole time without knowing it. Ha ha! I should have put it on their doorstep for them.

Leaves= not a big deal
Poop= big gross deal. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us