Hello, guest
|
Name: Nicolaaa
[ Original Post ]
All of our comps have windows xp....we're thinking of upgrading to Vista. Is it good? does anyone here have it? is it easy to install or should we just buy new computers?

Does it have any problems? DOes it crash? Any info would be useful
thanks
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 31st, 2007 10:51 AM
thanks.

We have 3 laptops now plus my desktop. And Paul wants vista. I wasnt sure as its so new and it may have issues. 

Name: Dr Bunnz | Date: May 31st, 2007 10:54 AM
all new microsoft suits have problems and holes in it..thats how microsoft makes the money

XP is the best if you are running the internet...i guess vista is ok just for a personal computer..but like i said it chews up way too much for the little bit extra it gives you...personally IMO and others ive talked to about it..not worth the money..so spend it somewhere else

Then again if you get a FREE ;) copy...try it out yourself on a NON based internet computer 

Name: momo | Date: May 31st, 2007 7:40 PM
i have vista on my laptop...and i really like that it has amazing security features...i mean its loaded...i couldn't even get on this site because of it..so i had to bypass its internet explorer and get foxfire...Though that is th bad thing about it to..it has so much security that some websites i can't get too so i have to get out and get on foxfire..Other than that i think my comp came with alot of memory as its made for entertainment. But i have plenty of mem...so i don't know..i think why spend the money to upgrade.i would just keep what you have if its working fine 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 31st, 2007 7:42 PM
ooh i have firefox...love it!

lol yeh...well we've comprimised...he's installing it on his laptops and im keeping my xp...january he's buying me a banging laptop to take to uni!! yay!! 

Name: jillw | Date: May 31st, 2007 7:53 PM
depends on how old your computer is. Xp is a good system and Vista doesn't offer that many extras that you will even use or need. If you have the room and want to spent the money then go ahead and up grade, but there really isn't that much of a difference in usefulness. Also like momo said you get a million security warnings and that get frusterating. I had vista on my new computer and changed to XP because I like it better and I don't have to spend all day telling the computer to allow certain info. 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 31st, 2007 7:54 PM
the laptops are all 18 months old. and this computer is about 10 months old. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us