Hello, guest
|
Name: Randi
[ Original Post ]
(or anyone else who has been in this position)
I have a few questions for you about when you had Lex...

I am having a c section in a month and I was wondering how you dealt with Anika... My MIL will be there for 7 days after but then I am on my own from 6:30 am -6pm
I was just wondering when you were able to lift Anika into her crib and how you changed her diapers.
When I had Kaden my recovery was really easy, but I never had to lift something so heavy right away (He is 24lbs and will be 16 months old) I am also worried about having to get on the floor to change him. Ahhh!
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:41 PM
oh yeah!!!! it was tough....the day after i got out of the hospital, hubby went to Quebec for fires for two weeks. I had hubby's mom help me for 10 days which was an enormous help. she cooked and cleaned for me, and took anika for walks and stuff....i'd still change he diapers, but i'd get her to crawl up on the couch and i'd sit next to her and change it. and when she had to go to bed, my mil put her in bed for me. then when she left, i went to my dad's house. hubby had come home, but his job is so unpredictable we never knew when he'd be home. so i stayed at my dad's for about 10 days. by that time, i was able to lift a little bit..just enough to get her in the crib, but other than that i never picked her up or anything...if she wanted me, i'd go sit on the couch and she could crawl up there and sit with me. yes it was tough, but it was doable. they say to wait 6 weeks to lift anything, but i was feeling ok, so i did a little lifting...but i was very very careful.

so i had help for about 3 solid weeks, and then after that i made do for the day until hubby got home and then he'd pick up the slack, to let me rest for the evening. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:43 PM
do you have friends around you that can come over during the day for a few hours or so? 

Name: Randi | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:51 PM
No, I am completely on my own. My MIL can't stay any longer because she has an exam on the 16th. My husband will be around in the evenings and I know he will help out a lot. My MIL will change all the diapers until she goes home haha, she does even now when she comes out. Did you use a pillow or anything when she would sit on the couch with you? Kaden is sooo cuddly, but he can get a little rough sometimes. The rail on his crib drops down fairly low but I was thinking about getting him a stool or something so I don't have to bend down too far to grab him. I figured we could eat our breakfast and lunch in the living room at the coffee table or something... like a picnic lol
Thanks for your help... I am just not sure how I will be feeling. I am hoping this one will go easier because it's scheduled. I won't have been in labour for 27 hours first. My doctor also told me yesterday that I can go home after 24 hours if I want to. I'm not sure yet, but I am pretty nervous about leaving Kaden and the hardest part of my last recovery was my first night home because I had to get used to a different bed, shower, toilet etc. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:52 PM
when Anika was 18 months we put her in a toddler bed....16 months is pretty close to that...do you think he might be read for a toddler bed yet? cause that would be WAY easier to get him into bed....Anika was only 13 months when I had Lex so she wasn't quite ready for one. luckily i did have all that help for the few weeks. it's just the beginning that is REALLY critical....then as time goes on, you'll be able to feel whether you can do alittle more.

maybe another family member can come visit you guys for a while after your mil leaves? 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:55 PM
sorry..i wrote that before i saw your post.....

no i didn't use a pillow....she'd just sit next to me...not on me.

yeah i was in labor for 31 hours with Anika before i had the csec. lol....but i would definately wait the 4 days before coming home. those beds are easy to move around on, cause you just push the button to let yourself up and down....even after the four days in the hospital i still had to sleep on the couch in a sitting position, for 2 days...lol...i couldn't get in and out of my bed cause it hurt too much. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 5:58 PM
oh man...trust me...you'll be so tired, you won't want to be around Kaden the first few days...lol...if i had to deal with Anika wanting to play constantly and being totally sleep deprived from Lex not sleeping at night, i would have shot myself!! lol...at least in the hospital the nurses came and took Lex once in a while so i could get some shut eye. staying the 4 days is so worth it.... 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 6:00 PM
if you're worried about Kaden getting rough while he's sitting with you, try and distract him with mellow games or toys....read a book, and pop in one of his favorite movies or something....something that doesn't rile him up too much you know? 

Name: Randi | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 6:05 PM
Kaden is nowehere near ready for a toddler bed LOL
It would be more of a struggle and less sleep for me now while I am still able to get some. He is just too busy and will not fall asleep anywhere but in his crib.

There is no one else who can come out. I was hoping for my sister or my dad, but my sister has work and school... and things with my dad are a little crazy too.

Was your time with Lex easier since it was scheduled?

I don't necessarily want to hang out with Kaden all day LOL
He has never been away from me for more than a couple hours and he doesn't really know my mil since we live so far away. He gets so frantic... doesn't sleep and just screams and watches the door when I have been gone for too long. I figured that if I was at home, he could come watch a movie with me etc. when he was getting out of hand. 

Name: bmes | Date: Feb 27th, 2008 7:00 PM
lol...was the time easier? mmmmmm..nope....ha ha ha...i was still tired as hell...i couldn't sleep all night cause I was too excited knowing that Lex would be out of me in the morning!!! lol...

you know, Anika didn't know my mil too well at that time either. she'd only been out a few times before. and i was worried about that too...Anika getting frantic while i was gone, but she didn't even notice!!! lol...gramma made it way too fun at the house for her to even think "where's mama?"

aw.....yeah it'll be tough, but i'm sure it'll all work out just fine. you'll find little tricks to do, to get you through the day. :-) good luck!!! you must be getting pretty anxious eh??!! :-) 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us