Hello, guest
|
Name: nicole jones
[ Original Post ]
After reading a couple other posts i finally got the nerve to ask ( i really need some sensative posts here, please)... does anyone ever think that their spouse may have some mild learning disability or aspergers? after dealing with my 5 year old son and learning all the little signs (he has aspergers) i see a lot of them mirrored in my husbands actions. (no, he doesn't watch barney 20 times in a row or anything like that, so no stupid replies please!) it isn't bad enough that i would say he's handicapped in any way, but just different. socially he's a little off and sometimes i feel like he doesn't really understand or care when i'm talking to him. he says i talk to fast. it's embarassing to admit that i married someone who may be a little slower than me, but he is a good dad and has a great job and loves me a lot. i've had a few friends comment on the intelligence difference (which is emphasized by the fact that i'm much younger than him) i dont know how to handle it. and if anyone is wondering how you marry someone with something like this without knowing, obviously they've never met an Aspergers child... it's really hard to tell sometimes unless you know what you're looking for.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: rain | Date: Jun 22nd, 2006 11:18 PM
http://www.specialneeds.com/books.asp?id=12494
I saw this book, and thought of you. I dont know if it will he helpful, but worth a shot. 

Name: alohagirl | Date: Jun 24th, 2006 6:54 AM
Autism and aspergers have a genetic component. There is a very strong possiblity that your husband is on the spectrum. However when you start becoming aware of spectrum characteristics you start to see those characteristics in everyone. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us