Hello, guest
|
Name: mosh
[ Original Post ]
My partner and I have been together for 9 yrs. I have a 10yr Son from a previous marraige and my partner loves him to death. However he has told me he doesnt want any children of his own. He has never been married and has no children. I am devestated as I long for another child. I have talked to him and told him how serious I am his answer is no. Is he playing me as a fool, we are finanically stable we have no other issues and only fight about this topic. I need to understand why he doesnt want to have a child with me. I tell him this could be the end of us, he just laughs and tells me your stuck with me for ever. Someone help me make sense out of this. ?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: atomic snowflake | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 5:43 PM
Dump him and move on. You deserve better. If he's laughing at you then you should laugh back as you pack your bags and go find someone better. He is playing you for a fool. 

Name: prabu | Date: Aug 3rd, 2006 10:54 AM
i heart your feellings
family is both husband and wife should shre verythign goodandbad even sex fully shared. if he not respectingyoru feleigns u sit in front of hima nd askhim the real reason.
ifis notpotent for that he may actlike that
but u talk to himthn only the answer comes
i am male 53yr sindia any timeu need suggestin on ay subject psl contact me
have pelaured life.
prabu 

Name: mosh | Date: Aug 3rd, 2006 2:38 PM
Parbu
I have tried talking to him he will not listen all we do is fight when we talk about this topic. He doesnt take me seriously.
Life is short and I want to be happy but I feel he is not commited to me. 

Name: These tears I cry | Date: Aug 7th, 2006 12:28 PM
I don't know what 2 do cause I want 2 live wit my dad but I'm worried about my little brother and sister :( 

Name: pj754 | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 1:05 AM
To Mosh,
Gosh, I don't know what advice I can give you other than this. Sometimes, we are dealt with things in life that just doesn't seem to be. Perhaps, your partner is scared to death to be responsible for a child of his own. Perhaps he's afraid of things going sour between the two of you down the road and never wants to commit a child in that kind of situation. I'm not saying it would happen but he probably has a fear that it could happen. As much as you wanting another child, that is only natural. You are a mother willing share all your love with a little one, too. I totally undertsand that but your partner doesn't. You say he loves your 10 year old which is wonderful. I don't think he could be playing you as a fool. Perhaps he doesn't want to go through the infant stages of a child. Maybe he's experienced someone in his life, who went through something he might fear. I wouldn't push him into having one or sneaking behind his back to get pregnant. This could make him angry and resent you for doing so or abandone you and the child. Please understand I think he would be this type of person but this is something to think about. Did he come from a small family? Was he an only child? Did anything happen to any of his siblings as a child if he has some? There is a specific reason as to why he doesn't want one and maybe he just doesn't want to talk with you about it. Try finding out what scares him about having his own child. He doesn't sound like a selfish person because he loves you and your 10 year old dearly. I don't know if my advice helped you. Also, I don't think him not wanting to have a child with you is an issue. It just might be something else. 

Name: pj754 | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 1:07 AM
I have to make a correct in my last post when I said, "Please understand, I don't think he would be that type of person but it is something to think about. Sorry not correcting my typing error. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us