Hello, guest
Name: Ria
[ Original Post ]
My ex and I haven't been together in over a year. We have both moved on with our lives. We have an 8 year old son (joint custody). I am pregnant with another man (who I love and wish to marry) and my ex refuses to grant the divorce. Is there anything I can do?????
Your Name


Your Reply here

Name: Amy | Date: Jan 13th, 2006 10:24 PM
File for divorce in court - he can't force you to stay married to him... 

Name: Agnes | Date: Feb 6th, 2006 1:10 AM
Yes! In most states, after one of the spouses refuses to sign for a certain length of time, you can go ahead with the divorce without them. Also, if you just file it as a contested divorce, the judge can still grant it...and probably would in your case. I had one friend who wanted to speed up her divorce, so she told her soon-to-be-ex that he could claim their son on his taxes until they turned 18 and that was enough for him to go ahead and sign...but an expensive way in the long run! 

Name: To Ria | Date: Feb 9th, 2006 9:02 PM
I agree go ahead and file in court as uncontested, if he doesn't respond then you will win by default and they will grant you your divorce and you can get on with your life with this new man and the new family you are having. It is even simple to do it yourself and it is alot cheaper too. So go on Girl start your new life. 

Name: j | Date: Mar 20th, 2006 6:42 PM

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us