Hello, guest
|
Name: ASHLEY
[ Original Post ]
WELL IM DUE JULY 27TH .. I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW EARLY CAN I DO MY BABY SHOWER ?? I KNOW IM HAVING A BOY ALREADY ... SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ?? O YEAH BY THE WAY I WAS ON HERE ABOUT A MONTH AGO WITH THE NAME ASHLEYANDELISEO BUT I LOST MY EMAIL PASSWORD AND HAD TO GO MAKE A WHOLE NEW ONE ... MAN I'VE BEEN DYIN TO GET BACK ON ...LOL.... WELL JUST TO GET TO KNOW ME IM 22... PREGNANT WITH MY FIRST BABY... SO EVERYDAY IS A NEW THING FOR ME .
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: AivenorBB? | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 6:47 PM
i would do it! but hey, im only 2 months and ready to go with a baby shower, but I guess I have to wait a bit. lol 

Name: ASHLEY | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 6:51 PM
LOL YEA I BEEN READY AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT .. GOING TO STORES LOOKIN AT BABY THINGS SINCE DAY 1 .. IM REALLY INTO MY PREGNANCY SO MUCH SO THAT PPL HAVE TO BE LIKE OK OK I KNOW UR PREGNANT ...LOL 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 6:51 PM
how many weeks are you? i know that most people wait until the 7th or 8th month to have a shower. I am 29 weeks (tuesday lol) and my shower is coming up sometime but i dont know the date cause its a surprise lol 

Name: ASHLEY | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 6:55 PM
WELL SEE THE SONOGRAM SHOWS ME AT BEING 26 WEEKS 1 DAY ..BUT FROM MY LAST MENSTRUAL CYCLE IM 25 WEEKS 2 DAYS .. 

Name: AivenorBB? | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:05 PM
my mother is so much worse than i am. She has already bought soo much stuff its ridiculous;. And she lives like 2000 miles away so i don't know when she's going to oget all the stuff down here, lol 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:08 PM
yeah if i went my by LMP i would only be 27 weeks..but my sonogram says i am 29 and the doctors go by that because its much more accurate. I think its about time to maybe start planning your babyshower but its up to you or whoever is throwing it for you 

Name: ASHLEY | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:17 PM
SEE I CANT WAIT FOR NOBODY ELSE I GOT TO PLAN IT MYSELF ... LOL... BUT SEE IM A REAL HARD PERSON TO MAKE DESICIONS .. I CANT DECIDE ON THE THEME ... I DONT KNOW WHAT DAY ... THE INVITATIONS ... UGHHHH .. THIS PREGNANCY GOTS ME ALL DITSY.. O DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ADVICE ON WHAT SIZE CLOTHES I SHOULD BUY MORE OF 0-3 OR 3-6 MONTHS ?? AND WHAT ABOUT THE DIAPER SIZE ?? NEWBORNS OR 1'S ?? 

Name: DaneseS | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:22 PM
i heard that the baby will grow so much that they will outgrow 0-3 in the 1st 2 weeks or so..so buy bigger..and buy alot of onesies they go through them like crazy 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:36 PM
Yeh I think most people wait until at least two m onths ahead of the due date. I had two showers and both were between 7 and 8 months/. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:36 PM
I had my baby shower at 30 weeks, but my mother inlaw is throwing me another one and ill be 36 weeks when i have that one, its not too early, go and have one 

Name: Marti | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:37 PM
I;'ve been told to only get a few packs of the newborns but to stock up on the #2s.. 

Name: ASHLEY | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 7:45 PM
OK THANKS EVERYONE FOR UR ADVICE I WILL BE ON HERE WITH MORE FIRST TIME PREGNANCY QUESTIONS SO BARE WITH ME ... 

Name: vane20 | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 8:23 PM
Ashley, i think the beginning of May would be perfect for a shower, maybe the 2nd/3rd week.

But, dont wait THAT long to do it. I had mine all planned out to be held on a Saturday and the Thursday before my shower the baby was born (i was 36 weeks). So yea, i was actually getting the last things ready at the doc's office that day, LOL

i held a "welcoming" party for my son the day after i got back from the hospital, he was 3 days old, so my advice, dont do it a month ahead but TWO, just in case, hehe. 

Name: Angelcecilia2 | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 9:50 PM
I had 2 showers, at 34 and 35 weeks. It worked out perfectly for me, but with the possibility of having an early baby, it might be better to have it at about 30-32. Also...if you're buying stuff for yourself, GO BIG! I got tons of 0-3 and 3-6 stuff at my showers, and I'm left with almost nothing for my baby to grow into. We've been gradually stocking up on bigger stuff. I also was given quite a few packs of size 1 diapers...so if you're buying to stock up, start with 2s and 3s, so you have them later on. Most new moms I've talked to only went through about one or 2 packs of newborn diapers, so don't buy too many of those, cuz the baby will grow fast -- especially if it's a big baby! 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Apr 15th, 2007 11:54 PM
im due july 8th, im 27 weeks, im having my baby shower on may 12th, so i think may is a good time lol 

Name: missheather | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 12:27 AM
I'm having two baby showers. I'm due Oct.5 and I'm going to have my first one the beginning of Aug. because it is quite a distance away and I don't want to be driving 8 hours by myself at 9 months pg. My other one is going to be the beginning of Sept. which is all my friends and family around here so we figured a month before was good timing. 

Name: BabyDrae12 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 12:46 AM
My baby shower is June 23rd and Im due sep. 3rd...Iv'e wanted my shower from day 1!!!!! 

Name: soon2bmommy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:11 AM
I had my shower on March 10th and I am due April 29th. I wanted it a lot earlier but I made myself wait. Its so hard to wait. I bought half of my baby furniture WAY early and now I have to wipe it all down because of the dust that's collected on it. 

Name: BabyDrae12 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:13 AM
yeah..I have no clue what people are gonna buy for me b.c I have everyrthing! 

Name: soon2bmommy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:18 AM
That was my problem. I couldnt help but buy everything I needed long before I needed it. So when my shower came along, I didnt need anything else lol. But it's always good to have extras of everything Just in Case 

Name: BabyDrae12 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:19 AM
yeah.. the only things I aask for aloooot was dipers I think I ask for like 15 cases..lol 

Name: soon2bmommy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:29 AM
One thing you should consider are the things you will use repeatedly. Like diaper rash cream, medicines, wipes, soaps and lotions. Things you will be using a lot of for the rest of your life ;-). Also, you can't get enough socks - because you don't keep them long enough to remember what they look like from what I hear. Blankets also, I would assume you couldn't have too many since they'll get dirty easy and your baby always needs to be nice n warm. Those are basicly the things I got at my shower. 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:45 AM
well my mom gave me a baby shower, so i got every thing that i needed, the big items, and what i dint get i bought with the stuff i returned, because i didn't need 4 $30 bathtubs, so the only big items that i don't have is a rocking chair/Glider thing, the dresser and the High Chair,, which i can wait on... but my mother in law now decides to throw me a baby shower, so i asked for a lot of the little things that i need that i didn't get like

Diapers
***Socks***
**Burping Cloths**
Wash Cloths
Creams, Lotions and Soap
Laundry soap... i just though of that one, but that stuff an get expensive so its a good thing to ask for
Blankets 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 1:45 AM
ohh and Baby Wipes 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 2:08 AM
blankets you wont usually use immediately b.c they suggest you dont lol 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 2:29 AM
well to use as swaddles and clothes protectors, and to tuck them around the baby when they are in the carriers 

Name: Coartney | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 2:29 AM
i just bought the swaddlers 

Name: missmara | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 5:26 AM
From my very recent experience:) - babies grow out of the newborn size pretty quickly, but not the 0-3. Sophie wore 0-3 for about 3 months. Newborn diapers get small pretty quickly. I recommend the pampers 1/2. They are good for up to 15 pounds. I rarely put socks on the baby - they don't stay on - so unless you live someplace cold...But the thin cotton receiving blankets - I used those constantly. They serve a million purposes and they get dirty from spit-up and stuff. One thing noone mentioned was blankets or cover-ups for nursing. Even if you don't plan on nursing in public, I guarantee someone will be around when it's time to nurse (brothers, father-in-law, friends) and you will want to cover up for your comfort and theirs:) 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 3:03 PM
Very True Mara 

Name: Angelcecilia2 | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 3:17 PM
Thanks Mara, for the reminder! I was kind of thinking about the whole breastfeeding with guests thing -- but for some reason it didn't occur to me to just use a blanket. I got some really nice, big receiving blankets for one shower that would be perfect for that! And you mentioning that reminded me that I should probably pack one of those for the hospital! 

Name: ASHLEY | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 5:56 PM
THANKS FOR ALL UR ADVICE... TO ANSWER UR QUESTION MARA IM FROM DALLAS ,TEXAS .. HERE IT COULD BE SNOWING TODAY AND BURNING HOT TOMORROW ..LOL .. YEA I DECIDED TO HAVE MY BABY SHOWER IN MAY .. :) MAY 19 ... NOW FOR MY BABY SHOWER THEME .. LOL ...I THINK I WANT ZOO ANIMALS ITS REAL EASY FIND .. WHAT IS EVERY BODY DOING FOR THEIR THEME ??? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us