Hello, guest
|
Name: sally24
[ Original Post ]
so my hubby is active army I go to a clinic on base for all my ob apointments during the first part of my pregnancy through the end of the second trimester i had the same provider then she "magically" disapeared she was civilian not active army so I don't know what happened. Since then in my last trimester I have seen more providers than I care to mention I finally saw an active army doctor three times in a row and i absolulty loved him then he went TDY for a week and never came back. I am 38 weeks so know I have a new doctor yet again I went in to see her and she is like ok your 38 weeks this is your first , shes like I'm going to check your cervix if your dilated we'll strip your membranes to help throw you into labor , I about crossed my legs I was like shouldn't you be a little more concerned about my not having contractions or going into labor at say past my due date at about 41 weeks ? my estimated due date is the 28th do I have a right to refuse her doing such procedures if she decides to try something like that next week or is it a good thing ? what exactly is stripping the membranes? I'd rather give my son the next few weeks before i worry about evicting him i think he can come on his own.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: jillw | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 2:43 PM
tell her that you do not want the stripped. She is jsut trying to rush things. I have never had the membrane stripping thing done, but I did hear that it did not feel good. 

Name: Petrona | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 2:44 PM
You do have the right to refuse the stripping. 

Name: tubbybubble | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 2:53 PM
sally24,
my dr chose to strip my membranes when i had my first son. what it is is when the dr. stretchs out your cervix to help you go into labor...it's basically inducing labor. yes, you have the right to refuse anything when it comes to you and your child. if i had the chance to do it all over again i would have waited. i was 39 weeks and miserable and in pain, but my son was just not ready to come...i was in labor for 18 hours. i should have sucked it up and thought....he has to come out some time...oh well if's it another week or 2. my son came out healthy so doing that didn't hurt him, but with this one, i'm just going to wait until it happens...good luck!!! 

Name: sally24 | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 3:36 PM
thankyou ladies for the replies , yea I am defiantly not in a hurry to rush things I think if my son is doing just fine then I am going to leave well enough alone , as long as he is not in distress or me and i havn't shot way past my due date then I'll just tell her to back off or go to another provider, I am crossing my fingers my other doctor the one I loved may come back next week , of course that just makes me mad on a diffrent level because i would love to have him deliver me but things don't work like that around here. 

Name: jillw | Date: Feb 16th, 2007 3:40 PM
I am not a fan of inducing labor or trying invasave things that will "help" labor I know lots of women just want the baby out an I do feel their pain, but I honestly think that unless there is a medical reason for it then babies should come on their own. I may have to be induced early becuase my baby is measureing too big, but I really hope tha tthis does not need to happen at all. There are so many issues that can arise during birth and inducing just makes those risk higher. I really do not want to end up with a c section do to failure to progress or something. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us