Hello, guest
|
Name: lil_dancer77
[ Original Post ]
Does anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks? Or do they go away at all? I want to get back into dancing in a few weeks time but i dont really want to go back to class with stretch marks on my tummy and the training outfits we wear reveal our bellies.
I know they arent going to go away in a few weeks time and i can cover for class for a bit but comps i cant!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Randi | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 9:20 PM
I got a few tiny ones and you can't even see them now, but the big purple ones don't ever really become not visable. It can take a few years. Are yours little? Mine were just small white ones on the very bottom of my belly. 

Name: Whittni | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 9:59 PM
randi you are a jerk. i look like someone clawed me on my lower tum, thighs and butt. grrr. thanks for this shat cadence! 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 10:05 PM
well i dont ahve any on my belly, but my ass looks like a tiger grabbed it, and on the underside of my boobs i have them too 

Name: Coartney | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 10:40 PM
hahahahahahahahahahaha sorry .. NO they dont go away. they do tend to get lighter, but they're always there to smack you in t he face .. enjoy :) i know i am :( 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 10:51 PM
It's been 3 years for me and my stretch marks look like they day they did when I gave birth (covers my entire stomach). :-( Those over the counter products that they say will lighten or get rid of stretch marks don't work. I tried the mederma and it did absolutely nothing except waste my money! 

Name: 04nidak | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 10:52 PM
the day, not they day....oops! 

Name: christiansmommy | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 11:49 PM
I GOT EM' TOO GIRL! MINE GOT LIGHTER SINCE I HAD CHRISTIAN, BUT NOW, I GOT SOME NEW ONES FROM THIS PREGNANCY. I DON'T GET IT----WHY DO SOME WOMEN GET THEM AND SOME DON'T? MY AUNT HAS HAD 5 KIDS AND NOT ONE FREAKIN' STRETCH MARK!!!!!! 

Name: NIKKIS | Date: Jun 20th, 2007 11:51 PM
it's genetics tasha 

Name: breemichelle | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 1:30 AM
I think women need to have a different attitude about stretch marks! They are a sign of motherhood. Embrace your stretch marks, love them, show them off!
(have I conned anyone into actually liking their stretch marks yet? It's my secret plot to change everyone's minds about it so we can pretend like we don't care? Anyone fall for it?) 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 1:54 AM
hahah...yes i love my stretch marks lol..NOT!
Yes i have them on my boobs too Laruen and im like you Whittni i look like i have been clawed on my tummy. Mine are like a browny/purple colour. They have lightened a bit but i just wondered if i would ever be able to wear a bikini again! lol 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 3:22 AM
i kan wear a bikini as long as the top isnt too small then my marks show or if i wear a Brazilian style bikini then my butt stretch marks show 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 5:38 AM
We can add that one to the list Lauren, to go with pregante and all those words! 

Name: Ashley Dawn | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 11:18 AM
so far with this pregnancy i haven't gotten any (knock on wood), but i'm only 24 weeks. with my 1st pregnancy i got white ones and i started using that palmers coco butter and still used it after i had him for a couple of weeks. they just about almost disappeared, you can't really tell i had them unless you get close and just stare at my belly. 

Name: Logan | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 2:30 PM
Stretch marks are in your genes, hereditary!!! I am almost 30 weeks and I do not have them, my mom, nor her mother had them either.
Stretch marks do not go away, they get lighter with time. 

Name: Logan | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 2:37 PM
Just a little information I found on the net for you.....

Are stretch marks preventable?

Unfortunately there is little that can be done to prevent stretch marks. For some women, stretch marks are genetic (hereditary) therefore weight gain has little to do with it. Try and stay within a healthy weight, including when you are pregnant.

Back top of page 

Name: MyTwoBabies | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 2:38 PM
My grandmother had 3 kids with no stretchmarks! Mom has her whole stomach covered in them. I have them on my tummy too, but on the sides and it sucks! With this pregnancy I am starting to get them on my calves how ugly is that!! 

Name: lil_dancer77 | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone, i hope fake tan covers them for when im competiting hahaha. Oh well i guess i can't do much about it. I know they are in your genes but my mum nor her mum ever got them, so i guess im starting a new family tradition! 

Name: vane20 | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 10:59 PM
well, if you find a way to get RID of em, let us all know!!! i got some and now they're whitish, but they never go away completely, no matter how many creams or lotions u use.

It DOES come down to genes. Both my grandmas had a bunch of kids, one of em had 11 and the other had 8, and NOT ONE damn stretch mark. All their daughters: FULL of em, including my mom. Thanks mom!! 

Name: MyTwoBabies | Date: Jun 21st, 2007 11:46 PM
I saw in this baby magazine something called bio oil i think it's suppose to help get them lighten and for those who are pregnant prevent them. 

Name: vane20 | Date: Jun 22nd, 2007 2:30 AM
The only thing that will get rid of em (from the tummy anyway) would be a tummy tuck.
I also heard of some laser procedure that supposedly erases them...dont know exactly HOW well it would get rid of em. When i am rich, ill do the procedure and let you know, hehe 

Name: Love_Being_A_Mom | Date: Jun 22nd, 2007 7:21 AM
Stretch Marks don't go away. You can however use different product out there that will help lighten then up. Mederma for scars can work in lightening as long as they are now red in color. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us