Hello, guest
|
Name: mother2five
[ Original Post ]
OK so my 2 oldest children have summer b-days and I want to start getting some of the planning underway. My oldest child Morgan's b-day is in mid may and my second child Jeff is in mid june they're 13 months and 2 days apart, so very close in age......I want to have them a double b-day party in may before school lets out and i want to do it that way, because it's alot harder for my son to get out some of the invites he wants once schools out.......some of the kids don't keep in contact all summer long. Anyway I've done this when they were in kindergarden and first grade, and it worked great and i think being as close as they are and the fact that they share the same group of friends at school that this will be ok to do again. Do you all think it's mean to combine the parties?

Also I am planning to have the party at a local park.....I don't want a thousand kids running in and out of my house......i have almost white burber carpet, lol I'd like to keep it that way. Anyway I was wondering if you all had any great ideas i could steal, or great themes that would work for both genders btw they will be turning 8 and 9. What kind of games do you all do, and what sort of party favors. I know it sounds like I've never done this before I'm just curious what you guys all do and I'm also wanting some fresh ideas. They have great themes and advice and games at b-day express but i wanted to check here to!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: lacirrom | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 4:51 PM
my girls are 11 1/2 months apart so here is what i have done for their birthdays so far (i'm not sure how much this will help because they are alot younger than your kids) for gracie 1st and emma's 2nd we did sesame street theme. i made ice cream cone cupcakes that were decorated like elmo...red icing with 2 big white eyes made of icing and a big orange nose made of icing (very very cute) and from me and randy that got a swing set as their combined present.

birthday 2 for gracie, 3 for emma...we had a farm yard themed party. we had cup cakes with green (grass) icing and little plastic fam animals on top. and they got a powerwheels gator as a combined present from me and randy.
i also do a lunch...first year it was burgers and hotdogs, second it was lunch meat sandwhiches, chips, ect.

this year we are going to the zoo...we have a small local zoo were the kids get to feed the animals and pet them and really learn about the animals. they also have picnic areas and shelter houses and such so we are going to do their party there and then let everyone spend the day that the zoo.

also on their actual birthdays....i fix them a little home made cake for everyone to have for dessert...fix their fav. meal for supper and we give them a little present to open. 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 9:35 PM
ok I've done some searching and these are some themes I've come up with that both kids like

pirate theme....treasure hunt
cowboy/cowgirl theme.....bob for apples/ horse shoe toss
army theme.......boot camp type obstacles for games
survivor theme....can split into teams and have survivor type chalenges set up even found candy brains to eat, lol

So now it just depends on which they decide to choose and which i can think of the most games and decor ideas and such for.
If any of you can give me ideas on this that would be great.

Also I have no idea what they do in boot camp....some ideas would be great....keep in mind it's for 8-9 yr olds and will be at a park.
I'm still not set on anything yet so still would love to hear what you all do, or have seen ect. 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:14 PM
you can get green brown and black face paint and paint their faces camo

you could break them up into teams (girls vs boys or draw names out or something to make it even) and make an obsticle course where they weave in and out of cones or something and then crawl on their bellies for a little distance and hmm..maybe make them do 2 pushups then crab crawl towrds something..which ever team finishes 1st can get a prize..i cant thin of anything else right now..how old are your kids?

have a "grenade toss" you can buy those waterballoons that look like grenades.....

you could give them party favors like little compasses and maps and candy of course..you could dress up in camo and pretend to be their drill instructor (or drill sgt..if you go army and not marines..but marines are way better *wink*) 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:29 PM
Hhaha I knew you'd answer this with some good ideas thanks love!
they will be 8 and 9 btw
I can't find anything pink camo for the party so if you know where let me know 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:37 PM
um...hmm....walmart? or a party store? or even try the dollar tree or what ever dollar store you have or you could google it i am sure there is something 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:41 PM
i looked online already....no luck yet 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:41 PM
i live in a small town so prob. won't find it here 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:42 PM
i can do just green but i wanted to do the pink so morgan's seems girly to ya know 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:42 PM
i loveeee the face paint idea...if this is what the kids choose to go with i am so gonna do this 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:47 PM
yeah i was trying to think of things they could do...age appropriate 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:50 PM
Well i dont like the Cow Boy theme, but i do like all the rest, i like the iead of the treasurehunt and you could make a map of the park and make clues and hide them, like maybe in a low tree or in a cup cake that they have to eat to get the next clue and then you could get a box of some sort and hide it under the sand so they have to dig it out, but make it difficult like make them use their feet or something,

the survivor theme i like it but its kinda along the same lines as the pirate theme.

and the military Idea of course i like it LOL
the Grenade water balloons are a great idea, those were my favorite when i was a kid LOL you can do pink camo paint for the girls and regular camo for the boys and make the kids wear camo clothes when they come. you can get fake barbed wire, i know at the party store but i think they only sell it for halloween time, but maybe you can find it online. any ways take woden stakes an put them in the ground and string them low to hte ground and make them crawl through them. you could make this a relay race and may be do a tire obstical and you could also set up targets and make them shoot them with water guns after the watter balloon toss and then just let them have fun witht the guns 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:50 PM
ohh and the army is way better than Stinky Marines :) 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:54 PM
you just think that cause your man is in the army.... 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 3rd, 2008 11:55 PM
you could mix the water in the water pistols with food color or something so they could see where they were hitting on the targets too... 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 4th, 2008 12:08 AM
No thas not the only reason haha its because that the one i almost joined lol and you guys are gay and have to be different LOL ie rolling up your sleves haha 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 4th, 2008 12:14 AM
we arent different we are Elite! 

Name: DRB | Date: Apr 4th, 2008 12:15 AM
http://www.madiandcompany.com/
invitation-ph-5256.html

pin
k
camo birthday cards...

all i could come up with 

Name: zoey9810 | Date: Apr 4th, 2008 12:29 AM
How was the Baby shower??? 

Name: mother2five | Date: Apr 5th, 2008 2:58 PM
tHANKS DRB, BUT I ALREADY FOUND THOSE TO, I was looking for more like the invatations and paper plate, napkins and decor........but she might be ok w/ the green not sure which theme they want yet anyway.....hence why i plan so early.....

The baby shower was great zoey......my friend is showing soooo much for being only 18wks preg.......it made it not feel so weird to be doing a shower in such an early stage in pregnancy. The candy bar diaper game was so much fun......even all the kids got to play it and it was a hoot. But my house was a disater when it was ove, lol 19 ppl showed up and 9 were kids......we invited 29 all together including them and our family but that was all that came it it was ok anyway. They were very surprised, and got alot of nice things. We used a rubber ducky theme which I thought was adorable.....the cake had rubber ducks swimming in a pond, and the punch was blue with floating rubber ducks, and i bought a couple of those sets at wal-mart that have the big rubber duck w/ three small ones sitting in it's back anyway the big ones made for great mint trays and nut trays!!!! Anyway thanks for asking it was fun 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us