Hello, guest
|
Name: Minta
[ Original Post ]
i am just over 5 weeks and have started morning sickness again any ideas to help would b great as i can say for most ppl i hate being sick
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Kristy84 | Date: Jul 30th, 2006 10:25 PM
All I can recommend is to stay hydrated, and try to keep at least something little in your stomach, even if it's just some broth. I was extrememly ill during my 1st trimester, but it subsidea around 13 weeks. I seriously thought that I was going to die, or maybe I just wanted to because I felt so naucious. I'm honestly never going to have another child b/c I know that I couldn't go through it again. I'm getting an IUD after birth which offers 10 years of birth control. If you get too sick, and can't even keep water down, call your dr. b/c the last thing you need is dehydration. 

Name: tylersmom06 | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 2:49 AM
I am still sick in the mornings and I am 14 weeks, but I totally agree with Kristy as soon as I get something on my stomach even a cracker I feel 98% better! 7 up and Pepto Bismol are my bestfriends!! I thought it strange for me to still get sick but I have heard no pregnancy is the same for every woman. I think that it is mother nature's pay back because I never got sick with my first baby! I hope you get to feeling better! 

Name: Minta | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 8:13 AM
thank you i have got to the point that all i want to do is sleep b/c when i am sleeping i dont feel sick at all. i am going to c a midwife tomorrow and see if there is anything from the heath shop that i can have to stop me from feeling sick i cant keep much food down at all water is gd i can keep that down most the time and am finding that easy to thro up as well it dont taste as bad 

Name: tylersmom06 | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 8:38 AM
Bless your heart! I am sorry you are so sick! I didn't realize it was that bad. Dont let yourself get dehydrated! Let us know what the Midwife says! 

Name: babygirl26 | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 7:02 PM
Not saying there isn't nothing out there that will help your morning sickness, but I am 36 weeks pregnant, and I've been sick the whole time..... the only thing that has helped me is Zofran..... If it doesn't get n/e better, and you get to the point where u can't keep anything down, I would ask your doctor about it!!! 

Name: ladyblueblood | Date: Jul 31st, 2006 11:41 PM
Zofran does help a LOT, but mind you it's quite expensive. Your doctor can give you some Phenergan, (if you can't swallow the pill, it CAN go in the other end in a different form), it will make you quite sleepy but it takes away cramps and nausea.

My advice, that I've followed to a T during this pregnancy is to not skip meals and to keep something small to eat handy all the time. A cookie, a slice of bread... anything. If you feel like throwing up, go ahead and do it. You'll feel much MUCH MUCH better afterward. However, if you do it more than 3 or 4 times a day, you might want to give your doctor a call. Remember to eat though, no matter if you have to choke down two or 3 bites just for them to come right back up.. it's something in your system.

Oh, and if you're on prenatal vitamins (which you SHOULD be), lay off them for a week or so until the nausea subsides, if it does, and let your doctor know. Some types of prenatals can spark some nasty nausea. 

Name: cannonballsbabe | Date: Aug 1st, 2006 5:45 AM
they have these candies called preggie pops at the once apon a child near where i live. they were a god send. also anything sour. they took the morning sickness away so well it wasnt even funny 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Aug 1st, 2006 11:42 AM
I too had morning sickness, mine got so bad that I was put on medication for it. I couldn't even keep crackers, cracker though could help. My nurse kept telling me to get as much sleep as possible. Sleeping when you can does actually help and eat small meals.

I am pregnant 16 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second one and just got over morning sickness about a week okay. I was blessed to have it with both this pregnancy and my first...LOL 

Name: Petrona | Date: Aug 1st, 2006 3:38 PM
Wish I had some great advice. And I wish what everyone has said before worked for everyone, but pretty much nothing works for me as well. Throwing up several times a day is the norm and sleep is the only time I'm not sick. Sucking on a hard mint helps for a very short time. Throwing up instead of fighting to keep it down helps for a short time afterwards as well. I try to keep little snacks nearby (salty or bland) and munch very, very slowly during the day. It doesn't make it go away but it diminished it for a little while too. I know that doctors are giving out medications these days to alleviate severe m/s but it's not my doctor's policy to medicate for m/s and since I've made it through this stage over and over again he figures I can do it again. {{hugs}} and I feel your pain. 

Name: babey_g_311 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 3:11 AM
My morning sickness started at around 6 weeks...with a bang,lol.....Ive had it ever since than but its starting to lessen up now at 13 weeks....Ive coped by getting these wristbands called sea-bands....you can get them at most drug stores, their to help motion sickness but also morning sickness....At its worst I would wake up, put my sea bands on, pop a couple ginger pills *which help too* and eat some toast....always eat small meals but always keep your stomach full.....also when the nausea is very bad drinking ice cold water *sometimes with lemon* helped me alot......I sound like an expert dont i?lol, thats cuz I dealt with it ALOT....best of luck... 

Name: babey_g_311 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 3:13 AM
also I forgot to add that it should end by about the 12th-16th week and when it does let up you will feel great....most of the time.....so just look forward to that :o) 

Name: julie23 | Date: Aug 2nd, 2006 7:25 PM
Minta,
My doc gave me a percription for Dilectin...it helps, and it's formulate just for pregnant women. 

Name: seeingstars | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 3:33 AM
Minta im the same way the only time im not throwing up is when im asleep. 

Name: michelleguy | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 9:02 AM
Hi there,

You must try to take things easy and also leave something like dry biscuits next to your bed, eat them before you get up. I found by doing this and also taking it easy and not rushing in the mornings really helped me. Also papaya or pawpaw is excellent to eat first thing in the morning, stops the nausea almost starights away!

GOOD LUCK!!!! 

Name: EthansMom0213 | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 10:47 AM
With my first I was put on Zofran for my morning sickness and it helped out alot so when I started having sever morning sickness with my second I had asked for it by name. Unfortunately this time around it didn't work I actually felt worse. I was put on three different medication until we found one that although didn't work 100% at least took the feeling of being sick away. Zofran is pretty expensive if your insurance doesn't pick it up. My co-pay was $100 and I only recieve 12 pills. 

Name: sally24 | Date: Aug 8th, 2006 11:25 AM
Orange juice works great , popsicles or anything else have a breif numbing effect try comfort foods for protien , eating every couple hours wether you are hungry or not may help fight off the nasue and don't try to force yourself to eat something you think is healthy it is better to keep down what you can , you will be able to make up for it in the second trimester when nasue is supposed to start easing up and drink plenty of fluids. 

Name: megan or riley? | Date: Aug 16th, 2006 10:09 PM
i have tryed everything, im 14 weeks an still throwing up, i cant even hold down water, but look at it this way, they say wen u have morning sickness and the worse u feel the more the babys thriving, well its what i like too think as well, try smelling a lemon, thats helped me abit, i put the lemon jiuce on a tissue and smell it whenever i feel abit sick nothing else worked 4 me, im so glad i found this site, theres other people on it that r going through the same problem, good luk hunni 

Name: Cunthia128 | Date: Aug 25th, 2006 6:01 AM
My name is cynthia by the way. I made a typ-o when i registered. Oops. I have been suffering from severe nausea and vomitting and was given a sample of a product called Reprivex from my doctor. The sample contained 9 pills and it stated on the brochure that came with that it may take up to 48 hours to feel better. I took the product and within 15 minutes I felt relief. My doctor advised me to take the medication througout my first trimester. You can order this product online. My doctor also told me to take a prenatal with little or no iron. She told me that some prenatals can make it worse. The same company that makes Reprivex makes a prenatal that has a low amount of iron. I switched and so far so good. I hope you feel better!!! 

Name: donnadee | Date: Sep 15th, 2008 6:25 PM
http://morningsickness.wordpress.com/

As a sufferer 3 times of morning sickness and hyperemesis which became very very bad I decided to study as much as I can about the subject.
Please read my article (link below) if you have morning sickness or hyperemesis,
I am sure my story and tips will help.

http://morningsickness.wordpress.com/ 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us