Hello, guest
|
Name: Laurar
[ Original Post ]
max and cognac got out of the gate yesterday i don"t know how[ probably one of the kids[ anyway[ max is our st bernard and cognac is a rottie mix [ great dogs love kids people other dogs] HATE CATS!!!!!!! Which unfortunately I just found out when they attacked the neighbourss cat and its now in the hospital , I feel terrible and of course we will pay the vet bills, Are we responsible for other things? i feel terrible but, The owner of the cat was at my door this morning telling me he was to distraught to go to worka dn he would lose a days pay and his daughter could no longer go to work because she works with dogs and she is tramatized. Which I'm sure she is........... However, It just struck me a little funny that he was telling me all ready that his whole family would need counseling and that he liked my car and wish he had something as nice. Where did that come from? i was polite but I'm concerned he is looking to crush us finacially Can he? does he have the right? and why was'nt his cat inside after all he lives on a main road. Any advice. Don't get me wrong I feel terrible for the kids and the cat and i can't believe that my guys would do such a thing. What should we do?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: lindalu | Date: Oct 11th, 2007 2:29 AM
Well... it does sound as though he may have other intentions. What he is entitled to? that will all depend on the laws in your state. I do know most states have leash laws for dogs. You did say they got out of the yard through an open gate, the law will state that it is your responsibility to make sure they do not get out of the yard. The only thing you can do is wait and see what the neighbor does. 

Name: cherisalorraine | Date: Oct 12th, 2007 12:19 PM
if you are paying the vet bills and not allowing a balance to accrue then most of the times the legal system is more lenient with you. have your dogs ever escaped before and been documented by the police or animal control? and you asked why the cat wasnt inside while he lives on a main road and you may want to refrain from saying things like that when the legal issues start because the next question would be why were your dogs left in a situation where children could allow them to leave the yard. im not taking sides even though that sounded harsh but when you already know that they have a problem with cats you do need to take extra precautions as you now know. as far as crushing you financially i dont know of any state that would allow that to happen over a cat and dog fight. even if the animal was show quality. is the cat going to live? that is another thing that the judge will look at and if it does they will be entitled to even less. if i were you i would make an effort to make your yard a fortress so that you can prove to a judge that you have done every thing that you can to keep it from happening again because they will see that and understand that you are a responsible pet owner and every one knows that accidents happen but they will like to see that you have done every thing you can to fix the problem 

Name: Laurar | Date: Oct 12th, 2007 3:13 PM
I just foun out that the women let my dogs in her house and thats where it happened. Why would she let my dogs in her home? The cat is still in the hospital but it doesn't look good i think they will put the cat to sleep over the weekend if it doen't get better. the cat is 14 years old i feel just errible. Thanks again for letting me vent, 

Name: lindalu | Date: Oct 14th, 2007 2:39 AM
Awww!!! the poor thing! I would feel terrible to if I was in your situation. Good luck... and you can vent any time! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us