Hello, guest
|
Name: beccapie
[ Original Post ]
Hello,
I'm a single mom of 3 girls, I just found out I'm pregnant again and was planning on termination. I'm having second thoughts now but I've been drinking on occasion and I even got drunk a couple of times. I'm almost 10 weeks. I'm not sure if I have a choice now to continue my pregnancy because of the drinking and the chances of FAS. Please tell me your thoughts.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: tattudemom | Date: May 23rd, 2007 1:55 AM
FAS is caused by chronic drinking. If you stopped now, I believe your baby would be fine. You should be honest with a doctor to get an expert opinion. If you choose to continue with the pregnancy, will you be keeping the baby? I ask not for myself, although I am hoping to adopt, but just to tell you in general that there are many, many people who would love to give your baby a family and future if you are unable to do so. I would hate to see you terminate. Please reconsider and speak to a doctor about the FAS question and think of other options besides termination. If you choose to keep your baby, there are lots of help organizations and government programs to help you. Good luck to you whatever you decide. 

Name: dmt | Date: May 23rd, 2007 12:55 PM
I am sure that if you stop drinking now the baby will be fine. A lot of people drink in the beginning of pregnancy because, they do not realize that they are pregnant. Their babies are born strong and healthy. I had been drinking in the beginning of my pregnancy and the baby was fine. Of course though let your doctor know so they can monitor the baby for you but, I am sure it will be fine if you don't drink anymore. If you need someone to talk to please give me an email at [email protected] I wish you the best of luck.

Love,
Michelle 

Name: beccapie | Date: May 23rd, 2007 5:18 PM
Thanks to the both of you for your support. I'm going in for a ultrasound today to see exactly how far along I am. I think I just feel bad because I knew I was pregnant and continued to drink because I wasn't planning on keeping it. I have read alot about abortion and don't feel I could live with myself if I did that. I suppose adoption is another choice but I'm not sure if I could do that either. It might be easier if I was in a relationship now but the dad doesn't want me to keep it and he would be dad #3 for my 4 kids, sounds kinda trashy if you ask me but I wasn't expecting to be a single mom with 3 girls either. I guess I'll just listen to my heart. Thanks agian for your comments 

Name: dmt | Date: May 23rd, 2007 7:15 PM
Well if you ever need to talk give me an email.

Love,
Michelle 

Name: 25yrs | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:07 PM
I am kind of in the same boat. I am only 4 to 5 weeks and have drank a couple of times and thought I was gonna terminate but am not sure now.... 

Name: scattykat | Date: Jun 8th, 2007 11:19 PM
hello, my advice is dont let anyone tell you what to do.. do whats best for you. how old are your girls mines are 2 and one 6months old. x 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us