Name: M
[ Original Post ]
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 6:55 PM
I don't know why they call it that. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:10 PM
M,I'd just like to say that I think you are a very nice person and I truly believe you go out of your way to try and help people here and I want to thank-you for that! :) 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:14 PM
Thanks lizzi. I am finding that if you ask the right questions you understand the other person better. 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:19 PM
You are right M and you do it so gracefully and I know you are sincere in wanting to offer help. I think you're a great person no matter what anyone says and I'm glad you're a part of this forum. I'm happy to know ya! :) You are definitely someone I would be willing to talk to if I wanted good advice. 

Name: dina | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:33 PM
thank you for being concerned m but i have been like this for so long it is what i am use to now. 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:36 PM
My mother has BPD. It's extremely destructive... and very very hard to live with for anyone else involved.

Do you know someone with it personally, M? 

Name: Lizzi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:45 PM
I think my dad is Bipolar. He's got mood swings that flip like a light switch and can be one of two completely different people. Everyone who knows him says he's got at least 2 different personalities. 

Name: dina | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:53 PM
my mother has scisofrenia and i dont know the right spelling for that word. 

Name: dina | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 7:53 PM
i think that is why she never protected me 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:13 PM
No Nicole, I don't know anyone with it. Dina just told me about it and I researched it. 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:14 PM
Nicole--was your mom actually diagnosed with it? 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:34 PM
Yes, she's been diagnosed. First with depression, then bi-polar, then PTSD, and then OCD. Finally they put everything together.... and you get Borderline Personality Disorder. Whatever you name it... people who have it are just about the most aggrivating cases of ' the crazies' that you'll ever come across (no offense Dina). That particular combination of behaviors makes them almost impossible to be around, or to have any meaningful relationship with.

Paul and I spend a great deal of time trying to figure out whether or not we're being compassionate enough while keeping a safe distance. Everything we say. Everything we do. It's all planned and calculated to make the least impact on her... in hopes that she wont have an episode. 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:40 PM
For example... when we're at her house we have to be very very careful not to argue. If I turn to Paul and say "Damn! You left the car windows down! It's raining!"... then she'll assume we are fighting and begin talking about divorce, insinuating that I should move out, asking if she should take the baby from us because he might not be safe with all the fighting, etc. She has no sense of "kiss and make up". You either hate someone or you love them, and a disagreement clearly means the former. 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:43 PM
I read that everything is black and white with them--no in between. Does she take medication? How did you even get her to the doctor to get her diagnosed? 

Name: elliesmummy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:47 PM
how do you no shes even telling the truth 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:48 PM
How do you know anyone is telling the truth? 

Name: elliesmummy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:49 PM
well i duno but still
iv never heard of this disorder
how do we no shes just not another big lier 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:50 PM
She was seeing a psychiatrist on her own. I saw the same psychiatrist as a child for formal intelligence and personality testing (I was a gifted child). I continued to see the same psychiatrist on and off at different periods throughout my childhood. Not for anything in particular, but just as issue came up in our house. During the process of moving out of my mother's house and becoming emancipated the psychiatrist told me that he had diagnosed her, but that shortly afterwards she decided that she no longer needed therapy and never came back. I realize that it is extremely unethical, not to mention illegal, for him to have been discussing it with me. He did apologize later. But it came as no suprise. 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:52 PM
Are you talking about me or Dina, Elliesmummy? 

Name: elliesmummy | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:54 PM
dina 

Name: nicole miller | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 8:58 PM
Thought so.

Why would someone lie about it though? It's not a very glamorous illness. It's quite pathetic, actually. 

Name: M | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 11:04 PM
I agree nicole. 

Name: Sezbi | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 11:11 PM
Yes..well we have quite a track record of liars on this forum, i mean who in there right mind would lie about being raped or having miscarraiges? Lynne did......it could be possible...but then again i dont think ive ever met someone like dina before so its quite possible she does have mental problems 

Name: dina | Date: Apr 16th, 2007 11:36 PM
well i am not lying about having border line personality disorder.i dont understand it mostly but it is there.and it is very shameful.i never asked to be this way it just happened.i have always hated my life. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us