Hello, guest
|
Name: lindalu
[ Original Post ]
This is gross but scary, my Doberman has been rasping coughing every morning for the past week. I could not figure out why this was happening. He seemed fine all day, he would only do it in the morning. This morning I got up to a room full of vomit! Yes.... it was disgusting! it was all over the place. However.... even though there was several pools of vomit I did find out why he was coughing every morning. In the center of one of the pools there was a huge matted furry looking thing. It kinda looked like a small animal! He had apparently eaten the inside of one of his stuffed toys. He is lucky it came up and didn't go down lodging in his intestines, if that happened he would have gotten real sick if not died. All of you with dogs keep a close eye on their soft toys, be sure there is no holes in them. My dog isn't a puppy so don't think because your dog is an older dog he wont eat things other than his food. My dog has never eaten any thing in the past, so for me this is surprising!
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: FatallyYours | Date: Sep 7th, 2007 2:31 PM
thankfully our dogs only get bones as their toys and hard balls. and occasionally they love to steal baby toys. 

Name: Randi | Date: Sep 7th, 2007 2:56 PM
I have two large breed dogs and I would NEVER give them soft toys. I but the giant indestructible dinosaurs and they gan get the straps off, but thats it and the toys weigh over 45lbs. No way they can eat that. Other than that, they get buffalo bones, occasional 2 litre pop bottle with the top cut off and peanut butter inside (keeps them busy and they don't eat the bottle) or they just get their treat Kongs. 

Name: momo | Date: Sep 7th, 2007 3:18 PM
When i had dogs..anything soft would be gone in 5 seconds..we had to buy the hard rubber indestructable toys.. 

Name: lindalu | Date: Sep 8th, 2007 12:13 AM
I took my dog to the vet today, all day he has been vomiting non stop. The thing I said I thought was the inside of one of his toys turned out to be one of my cats toys. After probing at it the vet found the tag that had the toy name on it. None the less he is still getting sick, so he may have to go in tomorrow morning for exploratory surgery to be sure he doesn't have a intestinal blockage. I'm wondering if he has an infection of the stomach being that its possible the toy he ate could have been sitting in his stomach for a while before he vomited it up. 

Name: momo | Date: Sep 8th, 2007 12:20 AM
lindalu..i hope your dog gets better...pets are like our children..i wish you the best with everything 

Name: lindalu | Date: Sep 8th, 2007 12:23 AM
Thanks a bunch Momo! I hope he gets well to. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us