Hello, guest
|
Name: Shelbysmom01
[ Original Post ]
I saw on the news here today that a mother and daughter in Canada died while in a hot air balloon. I didn't know if it happened near you or not. They showed it catching on fire and crashing - it was horrible. Prayers for their family.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Randi | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 3:14 AM
Have they found the bodies? Last I heard they were missing and novody was sure if they jumped or if they were burned in the fire. 

Name: Shelbysmom01 | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 3:17 AM
The only thing I heard them say was that unfortunately they didn't escape in time, and both of them died. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 5:11 AM
Oh my goodness, I never heard about this! I do not usually watch the news.......Thank-you so much for the info, I am going to look for it ...... 

Name: winnmom | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 5:13 AM
I just found it! Yes this is near where I am at. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 5:14 AM
VANCOUVER, British Columbia: A hot-air balloon burst into flames over western Canada, burning a woman and her adult daughter to death while their families looked on, officials said Saturday.

Other passengers leaped to the ground, some with their clothes in flames, witnesses said.

Eleven people were seriously injured as they escaped the balloon Friday evening before it crashed in a recreational vehicle park near the U.S. border in Surrey, British Columbia, a suburb of Vancouver. A pilot and 12 passengers had been on board, the police and witnesses said.

John Kageorge, who works for Fantasy Balloon Charters, said the fire started as the balloon was about to launch. Kageorge said three passengers did not get out of the basket before it became airborne.

"One person jumped from an unsafe distance, two stories in the air or more," said Kageorge, referring to a height of about six meters. The mother and daughter did not jump, he said, although two of their family members made it out of the basket.

Sergeant Roger Morrow of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police confirmed the deaths and said relatives of the two passengers killed witnessed the fire.

"It's just tragic. They watched it unfold before their eyes," Morrow said of the family. The cause of the accident was not immediately known. Weather conditions were clear at the time of the sunset flight.

Witnesses also said propane tanks from the balloon shot off and landed on the Hazelmere RV park below, setting fire to three trailers and several vehicles. No one was reported hurt in those blazes.

"We're exceptionally lucky that nobody in any of these three trailers or in the vehicles that were destroyed were caught in them," Morrow said.

The hot-air balloon, operated by Fantasy Balloon Charters based in Langley, British Columbia, was one of several balloons in flight at the time. The balloon that burned, Kageorge said, was about nine stories high. 

Name: winnmom | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 5:15 AM
My prayers are with these families 

Name: bmes | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 5:26 PM
i know eh? terrible....it's been all over the news the last couple days or so.....i always wanted to go in one of those things, but was always too scared to in case something like THAT were to happen....i guess I'll definately NEVER go now....

such a sad story 

Name: chatjunkie | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 6:06 PM
that was a horrendous accident condolences to their families i can't imagine how anybody could feel watching that happen 

Name: winnmom | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 10:58 PM
see hot air ballon advertisment 

Name: rain | Date: Aug 27th, 2007 11:01 PM
ACK, I saw an advertisement on here the other day advertising where to meet girls. So stupid.
What dummy paid to advertise that here??? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us