Hello, guest
|
Name: mama_ash
[ Original Post ]
hey guys is mama back! my kids keep me so busy i havent had a whole lot of time to chat here. sorry! ok i do have a question, how would i find out where classes were in my area for parenting? i searched yahoo but it really didnt help much! any ideas?
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:26 AM
I know our local hospital has classes and the last time I was OBGYN office I saw classes posted in there. Maybe you could call them. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:28 AM
thats a good idea. ive been having probs with getting my kids to mind and get along in the past week. i dunno how is the best way to handle things so i thought maybe it might help. im loosimg the little patients i had. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:31 AM
I never took classes, but I know the main thing is always be consistant.....it helps them to behave if they know what the consequences are going to be before they do it. how old are your kids? My 9 and 7 year old are really good, but my 2 year old sure likes to test the limits. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:34 AM
my girl is 4 and my bubby is 1. it used to be relativly good but here lately it sucks. they are really showing signs of jealously too. my boy is meaner than a snake! how do you dicipline a baby? 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:40 AM
When my kids were old enough to get into trouble I figured they were old enough to be disiplined... Luke was probably 10months old (he could walk then too) when I started sitting him on a chair. With Gabe (my now 7 year old), when I first started to sit him on a chair I had to hold him there, but he caught on that he had to do it. Luke has always sat on a chair if I tell him too without getting up. he's to the point if he does something he shouldn't he runs and sits on a chair before I can tell him to. Almost like he's saying...HA...you can't tell me what to do...LOL 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:44 AM
And I don't know how you feel about smacking, but if mine to something really mean or intentionally hurt each other I will smack them, then sit them on a chair. My oldests I haven't had to smack in so long I can't remember, but luke still gets it. If I see he's going to do something I'll say Do you really want a licking ? And he'll say NO and stop right away.....so it works for me/ 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:45 AM
well i smack him on the hand at times for puling sissys hair but then he just turns around and hits us back. he pitches the awfullest fits and screams. i put my daughter in time out and in the corner. i really would prefer not to hit them but sometimes i dont know what to do! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:46 AM
i feel like im teaching ethan to hit, which i hope im not but i also want him to realize im the boss! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:48 AM
is he old enough to realize that im holding him down for hitting me or pitching a fit or whatever? i mean the boy screams if he doesnt get what he wants. but he is still 1 i dunno how to handle this stuff! 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:49 AM
It can be so frustrating. Hopefully you find some classes that will help you all. I would never allow them to hit me though. Grab their hand if you can catch it and hold it for a couple seconds before releasing it. kids hate to be held down like that. you don't have to be rough, just hold it there. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:51 AM
IMO I think they know. Luke just turned 2 in January and he knows everything I say to him. I can tell him what book to go get and where it's at and he'll go get it. They are so much smarter than we give them credit for. When he screams like that try to ignore him completely....walk away if you can. When he's being good really praise him...they know the difference. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:52 AM
i have done that buts its almost as if he wants to get the last lick in. i yell all the time, at my kids at my hubby. i need to learn how to not yell again. im not a violent person but its like no one listens unless im screaming! especially the hubby. i love them all but they are taking the last everything out of me! my little girl emily will yell at me sometimes, not much, and i ask her why and her reply is well you yell at me! so i dunno what to do. she gets whooped or timeout when she does but im teaching her to yell obviously and i hate it! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:54 AM
he still nurses so hes really attached and cant stand me giving emily any attention at all. he stands at my feet and screams! 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:57 AM
I used to yell alot more than I do now. My oldest, Morgan, I was the hardest on and with each one I feel I got a little more patience. I felt guilty on how hard I was on her though. Do you get time to yourself because it's important and really helped me. With Morgan I swear I was with her the entire first 2 years and I think that was alot of my problem. I learned for my sanity I need time out alone. Even if it's to the grocery store. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 2:59 AM
my kids never acted jealous of each other so I don't know how to deal with that issue, but I wouldn't give him any attention when he's screaming or he'll think the screaming is working. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:00 AM
never!!! hubby dont help either! he just comes home and acts like he hates it. of corse he does! all i do is bitch at him for not helping at all!!!! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:02 AM
they didnt really until this week, i think its cause he is older now and she cant mommy him as much. she used to say he was her baby not mine and really took care of him and told me everything i did wrong!@ 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:03 AM
Is there anyone who could babysit for you? realtive? teen neighbor? friend? I think that would help more than you know....your probably just burnt out. my hubby and I usually go out by ourselves a couple times a month, and we need it to stay happy, and sane. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:04 AM
A happy mommy is a happy baby 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:07 AM
I guess I was thinking of that saying....

If momma ain't happy nobody's happy 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:08 AM
well the mother in law would but she thiunks i do everything wrong and hes got a phd in child development, she dont! its a long story but aside from him being a booby baby id rather not send him much but his sissy goes quite a bit. its a long long story, shortened out hubby and i got seperated and he got temp custody because i had no income and he and her, emily, went to her house and she took care odf her for close to a year, now she thinks im scum! but whatever, she just hates to admit that her son and i love eachother dearly and can parent our kids fine. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:12 AM
That would be hard then. Where I go to church they have family nights that give parents a break kind of.....the older kids take the younger ones and play with them while the parents socialize. Were all really close if they need something they just come over, but it's nice. I don't know if you go to church or anyhting, but if you do maybe you could get something started. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:16 AM
I think it sounds like your a great mom, or you wouldn't be trying to better the situation. No one out there is a perfect parent, and I know I make mistakes everyday, but we all just have to do the best we can and hope our kids turn out great. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:19 AM
i wish when you got married you would be married to the hubby family for life! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:19 AM
are you sunshine1? 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:20 AM
It's a shame she couldn't help you instead of insult you, or whatever she does. I hope you can find a class you like. Where I live they have sibbling classes too. They would help with the jealousy issues there probably. 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:20 AM
ok nevermind i just caught up! this name thing is confussing, sorry!!! 

Name: mama_ash | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:21 AM
thanks for chatting it up! it seems its kinda slow in here tonight? 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:23 AM
LOL...No Dawn is sunshine.....I'm just plain old Dana, always was, always will be. I'm the one who started the mess because I thought Sunflower was Sunshine....there's a long post about it somewhere, but unless you want a headache too I wouldn't read it. 

Name: Dana G | Date: Feb 27th, 2007 3:24 AM
Yah it was nice chatting with you too. I hope you find some classes that might help. My hubby just called and he's almost home so I'm off. Hope to chat again sometime. 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us