Hello, guest
|
Name: mizzescalante
[ Original Post ]
http://www.foxnews.com/stor
y/0,2933,276372,00.html

I
FEEL SO BAD FOR THE CHILDREN. OMG AND THE 8 MONTH OLD WAS FOUND HANGING AND ALIVE. WHY DONT WOMEN FIND HELP WHEN IT COMES TO DEPRESSION. SMH.
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: homemommichele | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:45 PM
I know, this was just so heartbreaking. If you want to kill yourself, that is your choice, but to take innocents with you.....
That poor baby to grow up to find out her mommy killed herself and tried to kill her as well. 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:46 PM
I couldn't get the story to come up : ( 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:49 PM
i dont think you get it.. she was DEPRESSED.. unless you have known a depressed person.. you cant judge it.. YES its sad and horrific.. but thats what the mental illness can come to !! 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:50 PM
HUDSON OAKS, Texas — Alejandra Estrada broke into her sister's trailer because she wanted to know why she hadn't shown up at work.

Inside, she found Gilberta Estrada and Gilberta's four young daughters hanging in a closet.

Gilberta Estrada, 25, and three of the girls were dead. The youngest, 8-month-old Evelyn Frayre, was alive but in dire need of medical care.

Alejandra Estrada pulled the infant from the noose and called 911. The child was listed in good condition at a Fort Worth hospital, Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler said.

Fowler said the hangings appeared to be murder-suicide because the doors were locked from the inside and a relative said Gilberta Estrada had been depressed. He said they had last been seen alive Monday afternoon outside the trailer and things had appeared normal.

"My mind cannot get around how all this can happen," Fowler said. "It's almost unthinkable."

Filly Echeverria, who said she was the children's godmother, identified the dead children as Maria Teresa Estrada, Janet Frayre and Magaly Frayre. Authorities said they believed their ages were 5, 3 and 2.

Fowler said more information, such as how long they had been dead and whether the children were drugged or suffocated before they were hanged, would be released after autopsies Wednesday.

After hanging her daughters with pieces of clothing tied around a wooden board that served as a clothes rod, Estrada apparently looped the noose around her neck, leaned into it and buckled her knees to kill herself, Fowler said.

He said Gilberta Estrada had won a temporary restraining order in August against Gregorio Frayre Rodriguez, believed to be the father of Evelyn and some of the other youngsters, after a domestic violence incident involving Estrada.

Fowler said the couple had stopped living together in February. Tuesday was the first emergency police call to the trailer, and Fowler said there was no evidence that Frayre abused the girls.

A telephone listing for Frayre, 38, could not immediately be located.

Child Protective Services will decide who will take custody of the baby, Fowler said.

Texas has had several children killed by their mothers in recent years.

Less than five years ago, another Hudson Oaks family was torn apart when Dee Etta Perez, 39, shot her three children, ages 4, 9 and 10, before killing herself.

Andrea Yates drowned her five children in the family's Houston bathtub in 2001. In 2003, Deanna Laney beat her two young sons to death with stones in East Texas, and Lisa Ann Diaz drowned her daughters in a Plano bathtub. Dena Schlosser fatally severed her 10-month-old daughter's arms with a kitchen knife in 2004.

All four of those women were found innocent by reason of insanity. Yates initially was convicted of capital murder, but that verdict was overturned on appeal. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:51 PM
yea but why keep your children when you know you are depressed? 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:51 PM
and i know what DEPRESSED is.....and yes i can judge it. 

Name: Nicolaaa | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:56 PM
when you are depressed...you are still aware there is help available...she's sick and its horrific because she chose not to seek that help. 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:57 PM
A person with mental illness will be the first one to say that there is nothing wrong with them. Depression is a different illness all together. If she was suffering from postpartum depression...it would explain this horrible situation. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 7:58 PM
true but there is help and if you have post partum she could have said something to her dr but yet she chose to be selfish about it and now her precious daughters are gone. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:09 PM
While its a horrible tragedy...i have to say from first hand experience that when i had depression...it was hard to imagine at first...you don't want to feel like a failure to your kids and family...Also it grows on you...You feel bad at first..you brush it off..It gets worse..you think you can controll it...You think it will get better i just have t wait it out, but it doesn't..It escalates out of control...Everyone around says just be happy...yeah cuz i have't tried that..Then it seems as if somewhere something went wrong..you hit a bottom...You wonder how you got there only to wish it away..but its not that simple...

For some phycosis can set in...In my case that happened...I became disillusioned..i became manic...i would sleep 15 hours at a time...I would get up and be in a crazy state...Without thoughts of my husband and child..I would stare in the mirror for hours talking to the unrecognizable reflection...hating that person..crying and pleading with that person to give me my life back..She was my alter ego...and in my mind she existed...i tried everything to rid myself of her..attempts to leave my body..screaming...

Only then did someone notice...finnally instead of being thought of as a bad mother...They realized i was just in a state of depression...So i finnally got help...And thanks to that i now have the tools to live my life that way i imagined..

Don't always assume that she knows what she is doing or what she is capable of...When your in that sstate of mind life is a whole different meaning..you are just trying to keep your head above water trying not to drown.wasting everything you have..instead of swimming to the beach to get dry 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:11 PM
I understand what you are saying...but with postpartum the mind can get very twisted and not know right from wrong or realize that it needs help.

I AM NOT sticking up for her. Where are her family members?? Didn't anyone see that she needed help?? 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:17 PM
and when that happens you need to protect your children and find a safe place for them. if i was sitting in the bathroom looking in a mirror and started talking to myself or woke up felling depressed the first thing i would do is think of my children. i know its a illness and hard sometimes to believe it is happening to you but this is you and only you. you should not kill your children when its not them that are depressed. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:21 PM
i am not validating what she did...but when you go through this....your not thinking of your children...it consumes you...thatas the thing with people who have never been through this...they have no idea...thats why family doesn't always understand...you can know what depression is, but until you experience this especially in these extremes, you can't assume people are capable of making rational decisions 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:24 PM
Exactly right momo! Unless you experience depression first hand you will have no idea how bad it can be. I can not describe the unbearable lows and rambling thoughts. They absolutely consume you. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:26 PM
i am sorry you know when your life changes and when you dont feel good as you use to and that means you need help.....if you dont your selfish because no one needs to suffer for your selfishness at all yet alone kill anyone. imo. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:28 PM
like i said i know how it is..... 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:29 PM
Dawn C... THANKYOU..

Name: Dawn C. • Date: 05/30/2007 15:57:08
A person with mental illness will be the first one to say that there is nothing wrong with them. Depression is a different illness all together. If she was suffering from postpartum depression...it would explain this horrible situation.

that is exactly what i am trying to say. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:29 PM
i am not saying you have to except what this lady has done...i just feel before some people put there two cents in they should know what and who they are talking too...instead of stating answers..they should ask questions...depression isnt a subject to really state your opinion...cuz you cant make it a objectional and justifiable opinion 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:30 PM
and also.. MOMO THANKYOU.. that is exactly right.. i couldnt have said it better. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:31 PM
you are soo right on that..you have no idea... 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:31 PM
mizzescalante yhou keep saying " and when that happens u need to protect ur children "
DUDE.. IN THAT STATE OF MIND.. the last thing that comes to ur head is protecting your children !!
you are not in that state of mind to even protect yourself !!!! 

Name: NoahsMama06 | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:32 PM
I posted this in due date:

If the woman's family can say that she's been depressed then I think they should have stepped in to make sure the mother got help. Any way you look at it 3 innocent children are dead and there is NO excuse for that. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:32 PM
it was a no win situation for me...i am bad cuz i was depressed and coudn't connect with my family...but then when i did leave the situatuion..i was a bad mother/wife for abandoning my family...The people with depression always get the short end of the stick 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:34 PM
in THAT STATE OF YOUR DAMN MIND you should get your damn ass to the dr. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:35 PM
noahs mom you are right..a family should step in..unfotuanetly most don't or they do it in a way that is not right...A person in this state of mind cant do it herself...she needs support...in my case...i didn't have much support...eventually i turned my back to wallow in my misery.. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:36 PM
there is help but alot of people dont get it and thats no ones fault but theres........ 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:36 PM
unfortuantely it doesnt always work that way...to just bring yourself to the dr.. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:36 PM
there is help but alot of people dont get it and thats no ones fault but theres........you should not make anyone suffer if you decide to not get help. 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:37 PM
You are right again momo. Unless you suffer from depression yourself there is no way to understand how bad it can get or the utter hopelessness that you constantly feel. I know I felt like why bother getting help...what good will it do. Thank God I had friends and family pushing me to get help. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:37 PM
its not their fault....you can't make rational decisions in that state of mind. 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:38 PM
ARGHHH this is just pissing me off.. i dont think you DO get it like you keeop saying mizzescalante... Because if u did.. u would know that when u feel like that.. the last thing on ur mind is walking over to the fricken doctors !! ALOT of depressed people dont REALISE how depressed they are.. until they look back on it when they are WELL !! 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us