Hello, guest
|
Name: mizzescalante
[ Original Post ]
Your Name

captcha

Your Reply here

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:38 PM
ARGHHH this is just pissing me off.. i dont think you DO get it like you keeop saying mizzescalante... Because if u did.. u would know that when u feel like that.. the last thing on ur mind is walking over to the fricken doctors !! ALOT of depressed people dont REALISE how depressed they are.. until they look back on it when they are WELL !! 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:38 PM
Thank you dawn...it is a life long battle...i will never be the same from it...but finnaly when people stepped in after i left...i could get the help needed 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:38 PM
you are making it sound simple.. which it isnt.. at all. 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:40 PM
Don't get pissed Rosey...this is just a friendly debate...I hope lol. 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:42 PM
RaWr just annoys me that people think like this.. if it was as simple as going to the doctors my uncle wouldnt have killed himself.. because if he was in the right state of mind then he wouldnt have done it.. no way in hell.. he was a happy man. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:42 PM
first of all like i said i have been depressed to where i took overdoses and tried to kill myself but i didnt drag my family into it untill i decided to get help. i didnt hurt anyone but myself because it was my problem no one elses. i stepped up and get help no matter what state of mind i was in i HELPED myeslf. i suffered from depression since i was 15 and now i am better. it comes and goes but i know how to handle it now. its nothing to be embarrased about because its not a dissabillity so i dont know why people dont get help. i got depressed after my daughter was born like last month and the first thing i did was call my DOCTOR to ask questions. its not hard to call your dr you can not be selfish. 

Name: .RoSey. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:43 PM
some people are too quick to judge.. of course it doesnt make it right .. and the family should have stepped in for the childrens sake.. but DAMN.. dont put all the blame on that woman.. imagine how she felt at the time?
she must have felt so bloody horrible to commit such a horrific and sad crime! 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:43 PM
I didn't realize how bad it was until I got the help I needed. After I was in treatment for a while I scared myself half to death by finally seeing how bad off I truly was. 

Name: NoahsMama06 | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:44 PM
I agree there is nothing rational about depression at all. When you get that far down you need someone to help pull you back up... you can't always do it on your own. This mother's family knew she was depressed and yet either did nothing or are just using it as an excuse now. They should have done something before it got this bad! As for the other women in that article who killed their children... depression or not they should be tried, convicted, and killed in the same manner they killed their children in my opinion. They may have been depressed, but their children are still dead and since they killed them I do not see that they have a right to life anymore. 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:47 PM
so i guess we have to blame the children? you are saying if it was post partum thats from having children so now i guess the children to blame. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:48 PM
Mizz...i am sorry you had to go through that...but each person is there own...

nothing is more damaging to a person who has depression to say they have to follow a certain way...That is comes the same for everyone..it doens't..everyone is is different..different cases have different circumstances 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 8:48 PM
no one is to balme for having depression...it is the luck of the draw...a chemical imbalance..an illness... 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:02 PM
Right again momo! Damn you are filled with wisdom and good advice today lol.

It is no body's fault...especially the children. If I were to blame anyone it would be the family member that KNEW she suffered from depression and did nothing to help. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:18 PM
I i don't thinks its wisom just passion.and experience..After having this illeness and recovering..i am just passionate to help others..ad help non affected people understand it a little better...When i want to learn about somthing i go full throttle and learn... 

Name: Dawn C. | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:21 PM
Well good for you! I find my depression very difficult to explain. People usually say...well just be happy or just don't think like that. They have no clue at all. 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:31 PM
Yes people did that to me too..and it only made things worse...much worse...its that they have no idea... 

Name: mizzescalante | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:36 PM
well when i tell my family they take me serious because i told them everything i went through before they knew and before i got help. they are upset for not telling them but they take it serious. if they ever told me to not think that way i would never consult with them again. i would sink back in if they were that way so if there is no help offered then its not worth my time. 

Name: Layne | Date: May 30th, 2007 9:38 PM
OMG I didnt know about this...I havent been watching the news lately...So horiffic...
Momo...thankyou for explaining this so well...I dont think I ever heard someone explain it in such detail that we could understand....This is just so awful...I suppose she felt there was no way out and leaving her children wasnt a option...I can see in a way how it could happen myself...Lateley I just want to run away and leve them all behind..I would never harm my children..but yes i feel like leaving ,,,But realize there is no way out becaouse Im to loyal to do it...Im just not happy in my life and I want to run away...so I suppose it could be worse for some and they lose sence of reality...who knows what the husband did to her also...maybe she hersef was abused...Its really just awful and the poor gal that found them and has to listen to it on the news now none stop... 

Name: Hiddy | Date: May 30th, 2007 10:51 PM
A lot of women think they are weak if they have to seek help for depression. Yet, its the other way around. It takes a very strong woman to admit she is having thoughts of harming her child, herself, and is not coping.

Because of people who continually try to stigmatize this condition. Such as the likes of some of the women in this forum....namely "SARAH" who continually makes referrences to taking medication as something which should be laughed at and stigmatized.

I find this disturbing as SHE has had problems since the day her baby was born and sent me countless emails about how she wasnt coping, and about how a nurse that picked up in it was doing the wrong thing by her and her child. When this nurse is obviously TRAINED to spot problems.

Sarah's baby is almost 6 months old, and still she continues to get no help or support that will give her respite from her child. She is doing the whole thing alone and her sons well being is at risk. In order to be a good mother, you must first look after yourself and this includes giving yourself downtime.

From what I can gather, this child is stuck to her side 24 hours a day and she has only had respite from the child a couple of times. Times which she used to go on a drunken benders.

It is indeed those woman who seek help that are the strong ones and we must correct those who see seeking help and taking medication as something to be laughed at and used against people, such as Sarah continually does. 

Name: Hiddy | Date: May 30th, 2007 10:55 PM
Also women who seek help LOVE their children. Because they KNOW that their depression is affecting their children and do not want their children to suffer because of their illness 

Name: marija | Date: May 30th, 2007 11:05 PM
I dont know much about depression, but what i have read and listened to from people with the illness.......Control is NOT part of the illness....
my mother said post partum depression is a killer...literally!
she said she knew a lady in the army who put her twin sons in a tub of boiling hot water and just held them there (majorly burning herself) until they had burns all over them...they died of shock (or something like that)
she lived......unfortunately for her....they medicated her for post partum depression and she woke....one week later she broke a glass and slit her wrists in bed....a note saying she couldnt remember doing it (the kids) she cant live with the thought of doing that to babies she loved.
she was new to army life and didnt know many people and many people didnt know her.
IMO i think people around you that love and care for you will spot the difference and help you in the right direction...or they will find you in hosp and then help you. to me the second scenario can be tragic for all concerned 

Name: momo | Date: May 30th, 2007 11:46 PM
Thank you Marija...you said it very well 

Name: Dina, | Date: May 30th, 2007 11:48 PM
this story is heart breaking.how could a mom do that to her kids 

Name: Layne | Date: May 30th, 2007 11:59 PM
I just made a post saying i could understand how someone could kill there children and that I wanted to leave mine...Not one person on this forum saw that as a red flag....point being...families a lot of time's bury there heads or dont want to get involved...this is how depression gets to this level for many... 

Name: Dina, | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:01 AM
it is hard to get the family service to take action and some times the families dont think nothing of it and ignore signs 

Name: Layne | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:10 AM
I would have to hang myself in the garage to get there attention and then it would be to late....Then they would fight who would have to raise my kids because they wouldnt want to...very selfish family I have 

Name: Emma2 | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:10 AM
this is a total tragedy and not something that we need to be dragging personal disagreements into hiddy... grow up please. 

Name: Layne | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:12 AM
So I suppose if this lady had the same kind of situation as I she felt she had to take them with her. 

Name: homemommichele | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:23 AM
Ummm Hiddy...so you say she has ollie stuck to her all the time???? But I thought you said she lays him down and ignores him to be on here. If you are going to stalk and make comments constantly at least get your insults consistant. 

Name: momo | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:43 AM
its hard to say what ths lady was thinking..some moms think that if they just end all their lives then they can be in a better place..We all react to things differently..i mean for me i left my family one day and moved 500 miles away...I eventually found my peace and came back..but my family was in ruins by then..My marriage ruined..Luckily my son was able to forgive me and we now have a good realatioship, but then again he is 4..who knows what the ffects of my depression has done to him..He is a very sensitive boy..i think it has to do with having a sensitive mom 

Name: Layne | Date: May 31st, 2007 12:46 AM
How long was you gone mo? 

Copyright 2024© babycrowd.com. All rights reserved.
Contact Us | About Us | Browse Journals | Forums | Advertise With Us